PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Blackburn Buccaneer - Aerodynamic parameters/Flight Test results
Old 5th Apr 2016, 20:37
Genghis the Engineer

Received 49 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by Plastic Bonsai
The most pertinent I remember is Cdo wing body 0.012.

Most you can get close enough with ESDU. I think Clmax was 2.4 with blow. dcl/dalpha 4.5, de/da 0.3

Nv 0.08, Lv -0.03 ish Lxsi -0.2 ish - very powerful in roll.
No idea who you are Plastic - but my compliments on proving me apparently wrong so interestingly.

A thought on Cl.max - if Vs is in the Pilots Notes, then you can work it out (or check Plastic's figures) so long as you have weight. It'll be:-

Cl.max = (2W)/(1.225 x Vs^2 x reference wing area).

If you're using a fairly modern simulator system working in SI units, use m^2 for wing area, Newtons for weight (multiply kg by 9.80665), m/s for speed. You want to be very careful with getting your units right if going from old aerodynamic data to a modern simulator - they may be using significantly different units, and hence values.

If you know stalling AoA from somewhere (did the aircraft have an AoA gauge?, I don't know, but if there is, this might be in the pilots notes), that gives you dCl/dalpha using a zero/zero reference assuming nominal linearity from zero to stall. It won't quite be, but it's close enough for a crude simulation. Check the units - your simulation package may be using either degrees or radians, and if you use the wrong one, the result will be nonsense.

G