PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SEP over water - do you? And if so how far will you go?
Old 5th Apr 2016, 14:49
Fly4Business

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@Pace: I am not that adventurous, but risk-aware.

There are signs we currently live in a world of cowards, which would be unable to built the world we are living in, thus consuming what the braver generations before us did and following degradation of capabilities as every society not evolving.

Part of the game is to be aware of the knowledge that safety only means a risk of known or estimated probability, but not 0% probability.

If I am a pilot alone in the aircraft, it is my decision what to risk and what not. If I fail, I die, so far no problem for me.
If I am a transporter carrying passengers from A to B, I am bound to a risk avers behavior by my responsibility, society and the operator to not threaten the other souls.

Some pilots don't do the difference, treat themselves as third party and go the second way, even if alone in the aircraft - fine with me, but is it the best way?

Making a risk decision for others who may be unknowing was quite common and some of that was part of leadership in the old times? I may follow arguing in the special case with PAX on board of an aircraft, but I fight against denying it altogether as is so common nowadays.

Last edited by Fly4Business; 5th Apr 2016 at 15:00.