PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Training in Central Scotland
View Single Post
Old 5th Apr 2016, 14:37
callum62

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Training in Central Scotland

Hi All,

Ive recently returned to my homeland after 12 years away on the beautiful island on New Zealand

I was looking into starting my PPL over there, but when we decided to sell and and move here, that was all put on the back burner (I only done 1 trial flight in a Robin 2120 out of North Shore)

Id basically love to be a commercial pilot, but im all too aware of costs involved in making that possible

I have a kid, and soon to be mortgage etc (once we get our feet on the ground)...only been back a month, although ive started working already.

Taking all this into account, I feel just doing it for fun to start with is the way to go....and I am looking at the NPPL in a 3 axis fixed wing microlight

Mostly due to the fact its cheaper, and I understand can be upgraded fairly easy in the future to standard PPL....then only CPL etc if that materialises?

Now, where to train? I am based in Livingston, West Lothian.

I understand the Edinburgh Flying club has just recently closed its doors?

1 of the options im looking at are:

based out of Perth
Fixed Wing flight training Scotland - Small Plane Flights

Or would you recommend just doing the EASA PPL?

Also based out of Perth

Perth

I wont be starting properly for a while yet (until partner finds job etc) but do plan to take a few fun flight over next few months

Just looking for any advice for anyone around the central belt of Scotland really...

Thanks

Cal