PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B744 Autothrottle on Manual Landing
View Single Post
Old 5th Apr 2016, 00:26
cf6-80c2b5f

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Correct, NSEU -- No need to throw that into the mix too. For the hypothetical, we just won't select reverse at all.
Manual override occurs when the throttle rate does not track the commanded servo rate. This may be caused by the pilot manually opposing the A/T lever motion or the levers reaching their physical position. Whatever the cause, the control A/T servo will detect it and cause the throttles to become dormant.
Not to change the subject, but this sounds like what would occur when in FLCH (either climb or descent) and you manually override the throttles. They will go to HOLD, just as Asiana in SFO discovered when they manually overrode the throttles and pulled them back to idle after pressing FLCH at 1600'.

I'm curious, does your BAMM state whether this throttle rate is a specific TLA or a specific period of time that it diverges from the commanded servo rate, or both? I have read the figure 1.3 seconds to set it into HOLD during a FLCH climb or descent, but I have also read that movement of more than one throttle knob-width will do it. Maybe I should make a separate post for this.