PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mark Skidmore throws toys out of the pram.
Old 4th Apr 2016, 23:51
Capn Bloggs

Received 76 Likes on 44 Posts
A list of true luminaries... and Dick Smith! Is Marc De Stoop serious?

Mr Skidmore fired off his email to AOPA the following evening.
Firing off emails definitely has a better effect that just sending them...

Mr De Stoop said he did not believe Mr Skidmore’s resignation was an attempt to intimidate aircraft owners or pilots, but other aviation experts warned that may be the consequence.

Veteran aviator and former CASA chairman Dick Smith told The Australian he thought Mr Skidmore, who flies his own Globe GC-1B Swift, a stylish sports monoplane, was sending the wrong message.

“It’s outrageous that just *because he’s an active general *aviation pilot and for the first time in 10 years the AOPA actually criticises CASA, he as the director immediately resigns his membership,” Mr Smith said.

“It’s so pointed. Everyone will hear about this and the message will be, don’t join AOPA or identify with it.”
One part of me sympathises with your position. The other part of me says you deserve everything you get. Dick's ranting, as said by someone else on the myriad other threads involving him, is just shooting himself/the cause in both feet with a shotgun. Skates has been there for a heartbeat in the big scheme of things and you are smacking him around like he's Fidel Castro. Pull your heads in.

Where can I get my hands on a "stylish sports monoplane"? For goodness sake...

Last edited by Capn Bloggs; 5th Apr 2016 at 00:57. Reason: Spellin'