PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Cadets grounded?
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2016, 19:51
Lima Juliet

Received 80 Likes on 32 Posts
Ref: my post #2194

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...e%2086%20O.pdf

Para 5 says:

The following significant issues were identified:

a. Aircraft Document Set (ADS):
i. lack of ADS configuration control across glider maintenance sites.

ii. workforce carrying unauthorised maintenance and modification activities eg. Introduction of an elevator hinge pin modification that was designed and carried out by the maintenance organisation without authorisation and engineering authority input.

iii. independent inspections not being carried out on systems vital for the safety of the aircraft.
b. Progression of SI(T)s and F765s had not been managed effectively.

c. Lack of an effective Quality Management System.

6. Further investigation revealed that these concerns were not exhaustive and that there were a significant number of other contributing factors that led the Glider EA to state he was unable to confirm the type airworthiness of the fleets...

That's more than "a lack of accurate record-keeping"! Over the past 2 years many stones were uncovered to find many issues over and above this Duty Holder Advice Note as I understand it. Also, the Grob 109B and the Vigilant TMk1 are not identical as far as I'm aware - the Viggi has a reconfigured fuel system and undercarriage mods for a higher AUW? So I'm afraid Verdun Luck's letter is slightly off the mark in my humble opinion.

LJ

Last edited by Lima Juliet; 4th Apr 2016 at 20:16.