PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Comments on fatique
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2016, 11:49
ByeByeDubai

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MR8 you are entirely correct.

However, why not then write to HD or JA and ask this question? Asking at a forum or washup is a complete waste of time.

Writing in, following up and forcing a written reply is far more useful. Send it in as a forum topic. Only then is there useful data to be taken up the line and a record. JA has bosses too. He cant say "I heard from a few". He needs the data. This place is "data driven" if you hadn't already noticed.

If others also write in on the same subject it is more likely to be addressed. (you may not even be aware that they have written). A mass of written data is hard to avoid especially if something unpleasant happens. No one wants that sitting in the open.
The same principle applies to ASR's, Fatigue Reports etc.

Keep it factual, unemotional and polite and there is little to fear. Everyone down from TC has asked for feedback. I wonder how many do. Yet they are happy to gripe on Pprune which is entirely useless.

I have been here many years and written my views on some controversial topics. I have put in Fatigue Reports when required, and ASR's on system shortcomings. Never once have I been singled out for special treatment or been otherwise blacklisted.

The pilot fraternity are happy to see T&C erode and moan to everyone on every forum but are any of: too lazy, too stupid, too illiterate or simply too cowardly to put the effort into writing in response to the numerous invitations we have.

On your topic: Apparently this was raised at the last forum though was likely ad-hoc rather than written in advance. JA denied that the low overtime rate was used as substitute to hiring more pilots. Apparently amazed anyone should think this. This was disputed by those there who pointed out that he may be amazed but it had surely not missed the accountants.

Its clearly obvious that overtime is economically preferable to more pilots. It was only intended as a tool to be used in some peak flying months to avoid an over supply of pilots in non peak months. Perfectly reasonable from a company perspective. This was written to us some years ago.

However some crafty accountants have done their sums and now we do productivity to the point of exhaustion. Because its cost effective. And because few have actually complained thereby allowing the status quo to go unaddressed.