PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nerves and flying for the sake of keeping current
Old 4th Apr 2016, 10:46
Piltdown Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Being slightly apprehensive before flying when you are lacking suffucient personal currency is not a bad thing. After a break of eight weeks last year I was slightly concerned when hopped back into my seat. But that soon went as the "process" kicked into action. By process I mean the pre-flight, set-up, briefing and initial execution. In addition, I made sure I could remember all the memory items a day or so before I went flying. If you are still under-confident, in spite of proper preparation do not go flying by yourself. Instead, get some assistance from an instructor. It's what they are paid for and its a nice change flying with people who can already fly. You can work on some of some more interesting stuff and expand their horizons.

Lastly, I can not see the enjoyment in flying to stay legal or flying just to stay current. It's the system's way of telling you that you don't have the time and/or money to go flying. My suggestion would be to change the type of flying you do. Gliding, micro-lights, paragliding or even model aircraft flying may float your boat and give you the satisfaction you are looking for.

PM