PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Blocked Eustachian Tube
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2016, 04:43
2lilian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool blocked eustation tubes, sinuses, and cough

Your blogs are most useful to me, thanks for posting. My head, throat and chest infection has lasted more than 3 weeks now, but at last, there are signs the viruses are departing. I did sweat from time to time in week 1. My throat got tighter and I began to cough after week 1.

I have not had a fever. Sticky yellow globs of mucus come up when I cough or hack the back of my throat, more in the third week up to now. My GP put me on antibiotics for 1 week in the 2nd week to get rid of any bacteria piggy-backing on the virus damage to my lungs. This to forestall any Bronchitis developing, and I felt better except that the cough worsened. Into weeks 3 and 4 , as of now, I have coughed up so much yellow blobby mucus from my tight throat.

Cannot believe it. Wheezing breathing worries me. I went back to the GP and was given a ventilator....slight improvenment. The websites all say a cough can last for 3 - 4 weeks, surprised me.

Drinking lots of water, honey and lemon, aloe vera jiucxe [peachy bits], all flavoured teas without dairy, taking paracetamol to help sleep, but cough all night sometimes. ......Wondered about allergy to cat hair/ fleas, since cats sleep on the bed ! .....Wondered about bed-mite irritation. Tumble-dried all my pillows on high heat for 10 plus minutes to get rid of dust mites. Washed all bedding at 60 degrees plus for same reason. Feels better to me. ..........Took Sudafed = decongestant 3 times a day to dry up dripping nose - helped me to carry on life near-normal, but decongestant use can keep the dry cough going on longer, and make the mucus stickier so you cannot cough it up so well, to spit out. ... ....Now in 4th week, coughing less, but eustation tubes still blocked, hearing interrupted a bit, sometimes I feel dizzy [balance part of ear affected], voice annoyingly wheezy and sinuses still partially blocked. ......I want to try jogging a little as suggested by a blogger here - thanks. Exercise IS good, but you don't feel like it ! .....Thought the turkish steam bath a good idea too. Nasal inhaling over hot water with eucalyptus oil drops, head under a towel, is supposed to help - mind not to be scalded. ....Commercial inhaler of salt water I may try too. Finally coming out of the worst in week 4......I considered myself fit, but these new viruses are terrible, laid me really low ! Must boost the immune system to avoid same again. ....Exercise plus healthy eating, giving up the medications, drugs, ......all boring ! Good luck with yours !