PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Further CASA CTAF problems shows not working!
Old 4th Apr 2016, 01:20
Agrajag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yesterday morning to have the Sydney departures controller responsible for the safe separation of 747s and 380s in the more risky terminal area also being forced to listen to non directed VFR float plane self announcements and chatter is extraordinary in my view. When I explain this to overseas controllers they simply can't believe it.
Dick, I'm a regular user of that frequency, in both lighties and jets. And I keep pointing out (as recently as a couple of days ago) that this is not the problem you claim. If there were regular overtransmissions, or if the frequency was too busy to get a call in, you might have a case. But you simply don't.

If you're as good as you claim at listening, and taking advice from qualified others, then why do you keep ignoring all evidence to the contrary on this and many other topics?

Dammit, I wasn't going to get fired up again about this nonsense. I think I will go and lie down now...