PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Further CASA CTAF problems shows not working!
Old 2nd Apr 2016, 22:36
Dick Smith

Received 74 Likes on 29 Posts
Car ramrod. In your mind is the premise that if we get rid of frequency boundaries we have " one controller doing the entire Australian airspace"

Actually I don't accept this.

Believe it or not there is an alternative. That is to follow the system that is used and proven safe in every other leading aviation country in the world.

Give me a call if you would like to learn how this operates in a very safe way and how controllers in these countries actually provide a " control " service to aircraft in IMC like in a Benalla situation.

Agra. The loved ones of those lost in the Benalla accident totally support my campaign to move Australia to the safer NAS . They even organised and covered the cost of my affidavit for the inquest. Not that that helped them at all. The barrister supporting the coroner leapt up and demanded I not be heard for some complex legal reason. He succeeded . I found out later that that barrister often represented the ATSB and no doubt didn't want to undermine the ATSB Benalla report which made no mention of the NAS policy that had not been followed and may have prevented the accident.

Last edited by Dick Smith; 2nd Apr 2016 at 22:56.