PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Further CASA CTAF problems shows not working!
Old 2nd Apr 2016, 15:10
Car RAMROD

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Agrajag, I should buy you a beer! I like the cut of your jib!

But by all means go looking for another location conveniently on a frequency boundary, to support another concocted argument.
I had exactly the same thought!
Glad I'm not the only one picking up on the "let's say this to try make my point, despite being irrelevant" comments.

1200 calls Mr Smith, really, you honestly counted? Was that individual pilot calls or centre calls too?
Isn't there something more important that you should be doing instead of counting radio calls? Did you go and find out how many of those calls were at places not marked on maps?

How about we get rid of the problematic frequency boundaries (seemingly, with what has been mentioned, they are a problem) and have one controller doing the entire Australian airspace?

As Bloggs points out the only reason we have the present system is because I removed the 700 FS officers so all pilots could have direct communication with ATC and radar where there was coverage.
So, Mr Smith, you created this problem of Vfr making ctaf calls on area, and now your complaining?