PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Further CASA CTAF problems shows not working!
Old 2nd Apr 2016, 10:45
Agrajag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You clearly have no understanding of how the disciplined NAS works.

I have never said a pilot cannot speak directly to a controller. I said a pilot must not make announcements on ATC frequencies. Don't you see the staggering difference?

By all means call ATC to make a request- say for flight following. Just don't make announcements such as taxiing and circuit calls on frequencies that are also used for ATC separation purposes.
Well, that might be the way you wish it worked. But it doesn't, because the rules say otherwise. And the problem you claim to exist... also doesn't.

No wonder our system is half baked and ATC just turned off the alarm as those six people at Benalla headed to their deaths.
You what? Dick, you're bouncing around from one incident to another, no matter how irrelevant, as if each in its own way supported your Quixotic position.

How, for the love of all that's holy, did VFR traffic calls at unmarked fields, on ATC frequencies, have any bearing on the Benalla accident? I have a sneaking suspicion that those who lost loved ones in that accident would be a little peeved at your hijacking their loss, for your own personal crusade on a completely unrelated issue.