PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dick Smith: Legal Action against CASA re. CTAFs
Old 2nd Apr 2016, 02:19
KyleTheAviator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow is this Dick Smith the famous Aussie Entrepreneur?

I think its great that someone with the connections, resources, & industry experience is prepared to fight for the betterment of the people/industry. Thank you.

It's how the Canberra bureaucracy works - protect any individual within the group who makes a mistake .
It's ironic that in a so called "democracy" the people really have little say, and while there are legal mechanisms for justice, they are pretty much unaffordable for almost all in society.

Something has to change. Im sick of ministers steering the direction of the nation, with ZERO qualifications or experience in the area which they govern. Turnbull was the communications minister, did he have a technical background in telecommunications or IT? No hes a lawyer and a Goldman Sachs banker. Abbot was minister for women?? its a joke right..

Most politicians are ex lawyers, and this is the problem. The only way they know how to solve problems is with more legislation or harsher penalties. This is the lawyer mindset. But it's ineffective. Example: Some states in US even have the death penalty for some crimes (arguably the harshest possible penalty), but those crimes still occur. Infact, the homicide rate is often lower in non death penalty states
Deterrence: States Without the Death Penalty Have Had Consistently Lower Murder Rates | Death Penalty Information Center

Real world solutions & improvements are the product of Science, Engineering, Healthcare, & Business. I believe that people that have lived and breathed in the relevant industries, with first hand real world experience, are the only people that can truly understand the issues and come up with effective solutions.

I challenge anyone reading this to pick a minister in charge of a sector, and research their career history. Most have ZERO relevant experience/qualifications... and these people rule the future of our nation

I wonder how many people in CASA that dont even hold a PPL/CPL

Last edited by KyleTheAviator; 2nd Apr 2016 at 04:16.