PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Yet another "loan"..
View Single Post
Old 1st Apr 2016, 14:51
AerialPerspective

Received 64 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by Asteroid 2578
Singapore Airlines operates a daily A380 flight between Frankfurt and New York (JFK) being SQ 26/25. Emirates operates a daily A380 flight between Milan and New York (JFK) being EK 205/206. Doubtless, there are other examples of similar flights across the Atlantic. If non-European or non-US carriers can operate across the Atlantic in this way why are you so adamant that similar arrangements could not one day apply across the Pacific?
Because Europe has 743,000,000 people, the USA has 319,000,000 and can sustain it, we are a small market of 23-30,000,000 if you include NZ. I just don't think it will fly so to speak. If it's so important that they do, then why don't we just shut down NZ, QF, JQ, VA and VAI and just liquidate all their assets, turn over our sovereignty to Singapore and give up. I don't know when the penny will drop as we just drop barrier after barrier in the name of free trade and other countries put up every barrier they feel like - however, nothing would surprise me with the pathetic standard of personnel we have in Parliament but it would be totally abhorrent for it to happen, SQ is a government owned airline (let's not argue about that, Temasek and others are owned by the SG government) so that is not a level playing field. Yes, NZ is government owned but it's domiciled in this region.