PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Just a quick reminder, contracting out of AFPS ends next month.
Old 1st Apr 2016, 09:04
Onceapilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OAP,

I think it'll be seventy five in very quick order. I spoke with someone at the Treasury - what it's gearing up for is the next public sector pension slash and burn. The lifetime ISA will herald the end of the pension, as we know it, for those about to join the workplace.

If we want to see how the Tories tacitly see retirement 'evolving', look no further than its left field mouthpiece, floating the idea a week ago. To an extent, a pragmatic reality check (after all, we know affordability is long past the point of being a contentious debating point) but the evangelical fervour with which it conceptualises the future, makes for depressing reading.

We should face up to the end of ‘retirement’ | Conservative Home
Hi Al,

Yes, I expect the moving goalposts will continue with increasing the age and qualifying work years for state pension. Let's face it, there has been little voter rebellion to the huge change in female state pension age due, I think, to the fact that it has not yet effected many ordinary people. But, it will! I do not think many people realise that the present delay of female state pension age has cost all future female OAP's around £50,000! One important factor that is purposely not highlighted is, that living longer (alegedly) in old-age does not make you suitable for productive work in old age. Cheers

OAP