PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian Self Sponsored Type Rating
View Single Post
Old 1st Apr 2016, 02:44

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TheScarletPimpernel
Norwegian seem to have started a self-sponsored (pay-to-fly) type rating scheme. You can find the application details HERE.

From what I hear, you pay your own expenses to attend the interview, sim check is on some kind of generic flight training device and, because there is no full sim assessment, you will be assessed during training instead. i.e. you could be leaving one job and then getted chopped during sim or line training as you have no contract of employment until passing final line check.

During training you get €100 per day (only for days of training) and pay your own accommodation (not sure where training is based). Once finished line trng you get Junior F/O pay of €3300 basic (up to 1500hrs) and then €4000 as F/O.

Sounds like a risky move to me, if you already have a permanent contract (I'm staying put!)

Ohh yeah, the cost is around €23,000
Applied as soon as it came out on the page, got the confirmation email but still waiting for an answer for interview or a call ?
Finger crossed for it.
If the details are like above, might be risky, but when you have no job at all, then it seems the only way out...

Sounds bit like RYR but still cheaper and better for the 100€/day, which are better than nothing.

@TheScarletPimpernel

Can you tell us where you get those number and details from ?
Even PM if you prefer,

Thanks