PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Training, hours building and first job prospects in America
Old 1st Apr 2016, 01:01
CorsAir2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Muermel, thanks for your reply! Yes, most of the previous flight experience required and descibed on FAR § 61.129 C are normally achieved during EASA flight training. I'm afraid the greatest obstacle for me would be VISA issue, if the option will be the conversion process only.

I've no words to describe my mood in this period... I feel so sad.
I actually have a lot of aeroplanes and helicopter work orders for final assembly lines and factory maintenance, but at flight school no new student pilot arrived since September 2014. Most of latest degree pilots I know haven't found a flight related job position yet. The luckiest guys who have found a seat are all EASA IR on ME and FI qualified, employed as co-pilots with almost 500hs total time entry level experience. I sometimes think that probably the end of European helicopter pilot job market is near... Isn't true? However a lot of companies buy new aircraft... Something is not clear to me so much.

At the end of the loop I think I'll have to spend other moneys again in order to obtain the actual f**k entry level requirements, not in Europe anyway: updated price lists, in my opinion, are nowadays simply embarrassing.
I'm sorry for my bitter words, but this situation seems to me a sort of nightmare.
“... and no PNR planned along this route...”

Muermel, can I send you PM?

Ciao