PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 31st Mar 2016, 22:01
MANFOD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shed, I take your points but a couple of things come to mind.

If I'm not mistaken, Delta used to reduce frequencies on ATL for part of the winter to 5 x weekly at one time. In Feb. just gone, it appears VS dropped just 1 flight a week.

Secondly, while 5 x weekly is not ideal for a business person, it's still reasonable in my view in terms of travel schedules.

Re. Florida, VS of course have their own flights to MCO so I suspect the ATL transfers will be for more southern parts of the state - perhaps Fort Myers and Miami. And VS face competition on the latter from TCX now, albeit only 2 x weekly.

That said, there are valid reasons why ATL should remain at daily, at least for the peak seasons, and I certainly hope it does. But as I mentioned, it may come down to optimum utilisation of available aircraft. If that is an issue, I wouldn't necessarily consider it a commercial nonsense to try BOS 2 x weekly at the expense of 2 of the ATL flights if I felt there was likely to be some degree of erosion of the transfer traffic through ATL. I would like to think Virgin's Business Development have thoroughly assessed that aspect and the respective potential of the Boston market.

Anyhow, we don't know for sure whether ATL is being reduced. Let's hope not.