PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA Prosecution (pending)
View Single Post
Old 31st Mar 2016, 15:53
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
topdrop,
Re. the C208 ditching, the "use" of the emergency fuel control was AS DEMANDED BY CASA in endorsement training, despite the warnings in the AFM.

Re. the Green Island area, it was determine that there was a problem with radar in airways surveying, the aircraft was finally proved to not have entered the area.
This particular radar problem was not unique, there were once position shifts around NW Sydney of sufficient magnitude to show an aircraft legally in the light aircraft lane committing an airspace violation.
These radar position problems were only first "discovered" with the first use of accurate GPS.
I think, but I am not certain, that the first aircraft to demonstrate the anomalies, on contract to CAA, had differential GPS.
The C208 engine (CASA didn't wait for any investigations, guilty until proven innocent, CASA SOP) was found to have an internal problem that caused the flameout, see the ATSB report.
After years of persecuting the poor sod who was the PIC of the C208, CASA had to make considerable reparations, including funding all the time he had to do to get himself back up to speed again, and get his life back, and for good measure, they made him an ATO at the same time.

Could I suggest you stick to the facts (or the "true facts" as some like to call them), and not defame a very capable pilot.

Tootle pip!!