PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aurigny Air Services
View Single Post
Old 31st Mar 2016, 13:02
Aero Mad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The current management openly state that their primary objective is to safeguard the Gatwick route and nothing else really matters.
Johnm, Aurigny does not have a 'primary objective' and the objectives that it does have are set by its shareholder, the States of Guernsey; not by its management. You will find the full list of shareholder objectives in Schedule 1 of the MoU signed between the islands' governments and Aurigny here.

The rot set in when Guernsey States started to push towards being an airline because they wanted it to safeguard their Gatwick route. The inevitable result was that Aurigny went down the pan like all the other conventional airlines and Guernsey nationalised it.
You seem to have your history terribly mixed up. Aurigny did not operate the Gatwick route before nationalisation, and the States of Guernsey did not buy Aurigny because it was going 'down the pan'. It did so because it did not wish to depend on a sole operator for an air route that was of strategic importance with regard to its main industry.

However they have not learned from history
Aurigny has changed a great deal since 1968. Most airlines have. Back then the word 'compliance' was an insult, rather than an operational necessity. I can only recommend you try setting up a 'flexible "bush-flying" operation with minimal overheads' under EU OPS and see how far you get.

To be quite frank I'm not sure who it should fall to to pronounce on Sir Derrick Bailey's historic objectives but I'm fairly certain you'd have a greater entitlement to do so if you could even spell the man's name.