PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Training, hours building and first job prospects in America
Old 31st Mar 2016, 08:06
muermel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@CorsAir2

Check out FAR § 61.129 C

eCFR ? Code of Federal Regulations

That's the aeronautical experience required for the FAA-CPLH. Plus the written test, which can be done with 4 weeks preparation, no problem. Obviously you need a checkride with a DPE (takes all day) about REGs, airspace, PoF, Human Performance, the whole shebang pretty much.

If you have a Greencard or can get your hands on some sort of Visa that permits a prolonged stay and legal work in the US, I'd say go for the US. Huge market, some entry level jobs available, much more dynamic than the EU. Especially as a CFI. I'm not saying there's no competition for those jobs in the US, but at least there are jobs.

I'm fairly certain that you can not get a F1 visa for you pilot training cause it is not initial training. You are doing a conversion so you proably won't get a student visa. Without that you're not legally allowed to work in the US after your training, so I guess a big part of your decision depends on getting some sort of VISA. Or get married with a US girl :-)

Can't tell you much about Canada, apart from the fact that the country seems to be awesome. But from what I read the situation for pilots there isn't the best right now.

Ciao