PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Training, hours building and first job prospects in America
Old 30th Mar 2016, 22:43
CorsAir2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey all! I casually found out that pprune has a dedicated 'rotor' section only few days ago! I've thought it was exclusively addressed to fixed wing airmen... Well, just joined and read a lot of interesting threads inside.

First of all let me to introduce myself: 27 y.o. Swiss native, aeronautical industry employed (jet and prop. airplane factory mechanical/structural technician and helicopter line maintenance). I attended an excellent helicopter ATO, but in the worst period decidedly: at the end of last year some personnel including flight instructors, technicians and engineers lost their job due to company financial problems.

I achieved my CPL and IR on multiengine last january and at the beginning of my training I was firstly oriented to continue towards 250hours total time threshold to gain access to FI course. Now the situation is quite different and my attention is focused to Northern America. I'm searching info concerning American flight schools on Robinson22/44. Now the dilemma is: USA or Canada? Second instance: full EASA CPL conversion to FAA (or Canadian) and subsequent IR and CFI courses are possible or a new 'on stage' CPL training is necessary in hopes of finding a job as flight instructor over there?

Unfortunately I've no direct feedback from other FAA or Transport Canada student pilots transited into my habitual facilities. Looking into FAA and Transport Canada websites I noted some pilot license restrictions given as a result of conversion process. Please, can someone suggests something about proper direct experience concerning these particular issues? On the other hand if anyone needs info about EASA licensing I'd be happy to give an help!

Cheers in advance!

Lucas