PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2016, 17:36
LAX_LHR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Roverman,

In reference to the CAPA report, I too thought the comment was a little off for what is usually a good read.

In terms of the destinations you mentioned as 'seasonal' or ad hoc, I'm sure your aware that Lyon is now daily year round with flybe and Valencia has been made year round by Ryanair. Vim Avia have gained the rights to Manchester-Moscow, but, what they intend to do with them is another matter all together.

As for the CAPA report stating 'BHX will grow faster as MAN has maxed out its European destinations', is a very odd comment for a company that is normally a reliable read and has access to good data.

Firstly, MAN has not maxed out its Euro destinations, not by a long shot.
Seville, Santiago, Jerez, Bordeaux, Lille, Bucharest, Pristina, Skjope, Dresden, Tiriana, Zagreb to name a few destinations that could realistically be served. I've probably missed many other obvious gaps too.

Secondly, even if by chance the destinations had 'maxed out', to simply disregard the growth on existing routes and state another airport will grow quicker based on more destinations left to fill, what a bizarre scenario. Just on capacity increases on existing routes alone MAN outstrips BHX growth (as great as the growth at BHX has been), so I'm genuinely bemused as to how that suggestion made the final edit.

Lastly, just because a destination is served from MAN, does not automatically mean it will work/be served from BHX. Therefore, the lack of destinations is not a guarantee huge growth will come. We are a finite island, the very fact MAN has a route is probably a reason BHX doesn't have said route too, the potential for said route may not be big enough.

Just a very odd article this time around, it's full of so many inaccuracies too, so, I just don't know what it was trying to get across to be honest.