PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Can you share your experience
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2016, 13:03
capitaine flam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Genghis

Thanks for your comment and I see what you are saying. I have used the 12 regulations each of which include their respective annexes. The regulations themselves are only a few pages long usually, but the annexes you refer to are the big bits. (Saying that the Basic Regulation is rather long).

For example Regulation 1321/2014 (which used to be 2042/2003) is only six pages, immediately followed by Part-M, Part-145, Part-66 and Part-147 which make up the remaining 188 pages.

The EASA website has a nice diagram showing the basic regulation, then the 12 regulations, and all their annexes.

So when I wrote this list, it was with the annexes in mind too. I should have made that clearer as I see that this could cause misunderstanding.

Are you saying that from your experience, people will just go straight to the annexe that deals with their area, but don't tend to look at the cover reg?

I am interested in seeing how users feel about reading regulations, hence the bulk of the questions on the survey, including any factors that may put people off from reading them, particularly the parts that apply to their jobs.

Thanks for your input as always. Kind regards, Delphine