PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TigerAir debacle
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2016, 10:37
Eastwest Loco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes porch. I see all of that and every ticket I manually have to construct has a place in the mask to indicate that it could be subject to Government approval and if it is it our responsibility to indicate so. And yes, we do actually issue our own tickets and not via a middleman and we carry 110 separate plates for individual carriers. Rare that - about 3% of Agencies self issue.

Do a search on DPS as a point of origin in the TT website and you will find there is no available destination but yet they are willing to take Australian punters bucks with a disclaimer that means nothing to them as they are unaware there is a problem with the return.

They may be chartering airframes to do the return but basically have 2 empty aeroplanes belting around to cover each flight. Obviously Management Trainees have infiltrated the system.

So, they can't sell fares ex DPS so they don't market that but are happy to sell return fares ex Australia with no way of knowing if they can provide return transport on their own aeroplane? Yeah - right. Passengers have had to cop big delays and come back over Perth to get to the East Coast. Now they are chartering but weren't then.

Irresponsible and amateur. You may be a fan of TT but any Agent that recommends them or doesn't warn people off is an idiot or works for Blight Centre.

GA is 1st choice for us, JQ second and beyond that SQ or MH on via services.

Never TT - anywhere. This is an illustration of why.

I totally understand why a massive waste of money was alluded to.

It is one.

Best regards

EWL