PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Watch repair
Thread: Watch repair
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2016, 17:27
skytrax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AD will always take time and depending on the brand you are looking at an average of 1.5-3k dhs price tag for fixing/full service. They normally give the watch a full service when sent for fixing outside warranty.

Full service involves taking the movement apart completely, change the used/broken parts, cleaning and oiling it and polish.

There are some guys that do fixing/service but the problem is if they have access to genuine parts. For example, Rolex restricts the independent places that have access to parts and they need a special account with them.
If your watch needs parts replacement...... some food for thought.
Same goes for high-end brands such as Patek, VC or AP. Restricted access to parts.

I would advice that if you own an expensive watch (Omega, Breitling and above...) take it to the dealer for fixing and service. Service intervals are in between 5-10yrs depending on the brand so it's not too bad.

However, an independent service center can be used if you know that the guys have access to genuine parte, lubricants and, of course, have knowledge. (Tricky for the place we live)
Such guys are limited in Dubai. PM me for details if you want. I'll recommend a place if it's suitable for what you need.