PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bit of a barney with ATC today, what would you have done?
Old 29th Mar 2016, 17:03
piperboy84

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, in hindsight I should have given her a heads up sooner, in the end all's well that ends well, had a excellent flight to Cascais outside Lisbon, stuffed myself full of excellent food and got minced on their outstanding beer for a few days and learned a few things on the flight back to Malaga Velez. I wasn't aware that you had to have an IFR intersection on your flight plan as a FIR crossing point on a VFR flight.

Onward tomorrow back up the road from Velez direct Jersey with what looks like a 20 knot draft up my arse which should make the 100 knot IAS of the trusty old Maule slightly less intolerable. Scoring some cheap Jersey avgas will be a welcome break from the 3 euro a litre I've been jacked for in Southern Spain. Then the final leg of Jersey to Forfar and see if the port cops want to meet me on my arrival to inspect my 2 cartons of Marlboro.

Another great VFR flying adventure round Portugal, Spain and France with about 35 flying hours all in and a few lessons learned along the way. It's all good !

Oh and even seen 3 turbine prop Dornier sky servants in Portomao down from Hull for a big skydiving gig.