PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B-738 Crash in Russia Rostov-on-Don
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2016, 13:53
A4

Ut Sementem Feeceris

Received 149 Likes on 30 Posts
In response to FAB777

Airbus have designed their FBW system to be simple in the event of a go-around. For those not familiar, you simply firewall the thrust levers - AND IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT YOU DO FIREWALL THEM. This ensure that SRS (Speed Ref System) engages with appropriate FD pitch up guidance - newer FMGC standard will also engage NAV to follow the Missed Approach procedure (assuming FLT PLAN is sequenced....!) with AP engaged it is a non-event. In the event that FAB mentioned the aircraft simply did as it was being asked to do i.e. capture and descend on the glide....as that was the mode still active. Know your aircraft!

So, it amazes me that people still fail to push the levers till they won't go any further - how much simpler could you make the system?

I'm not overly familiar with the Boeing, but from reading this thread it does seem that under certain circumstances the pilots workload can be (significantly) increased on a go-around depending upon whether it's a single/dual channel approach with pushing to overcome trim etc......

Good thread though.

A4

Last edited by A4; 29th Mar 2016 at 15:36.