PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TAAE about to bite dust?
View Single Post
Old 18th Jul 2003, 14:57
d_concord

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TSI,

Wow, that's the best spin I've ever heard put on a company in the predicament of TAAE. You should lay off whatever your smoking!

The fact is that they owe many millions of dollars, can't pay it and the only reason they are operating is because while under administration they don't have to pay any past debts.

The administrator only has to cover ongoing debts after they take over and their own fees. The bigger the job (or mess) they can make of it the better for them. It's like putting the fox in charge of the chicken house. Ask the Ansett guys whether this is true or not.

I'm aware of one creditor, a one man band that is owed $50K and is now in dire straights because he can't walk away from the debts he incured as a result of TAAE.

The fact of the matter is that there is no guarantee that there is anything going forward. The future rests entirely with the wants of AAE as the existing contracts would have toppled due to the act of insolvency. AAE will use the situation to restructure to thier own benifit.

Now lets look at some of your other wisdom on this topic and what is now known as fact.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post No 1

"good try d_concord (aka **** ******). TAAE is in good shape except the ex Ansett guys that joined want the same conditions as they had with Ansett and it won't happen. hence EBA negotiations have stalled, five pilots have joined Virgin and the usual bullsh!t rumours abound.
Buster, the A310 is still on schedule, only problem is there may not be any Perth pilots left to crew it."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post No 2

TAAE is a subsidary company of Trans World. according to my sources here in HK trans world needs an injection of capital yesterday. looks like TAAE will be put on the market sooner than planned to raise the funds. whether the new owners will go with the A310 who knows (sorry Buster, only found this out today!) but the 727s will be around for a while yet.

Post No 3

concorde dave, TAAE are in good shape they are still operating and will do so until a buyer is found.

All a Crock of ****.

The last strike out is that my name isn't Dave or do the letters of my name equal what is in your first post.