PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airways Aviation - Any good??
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2016, 11:00
fwjc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Note: I would be wary of bitter former employees of a previous regime, and competitors comments. I wouldn't consider them to be particularly impartial or constructive.

Every school has its pros and cons for the students. Every school also has a parent company, all of which have a very different perspective on their business model and how to create a good training academy. That is why CTC is so different to FTE, is so different to CAE, is so different to AAA, is so different to FTA, is so different to BCFT, is so different to Aeros and many more I could name.

All of these schools, and many more, are in the business of training new commercial pilots. Some are driven entirely by money and their customers are really the airlines. There is a benefit to this, in some ways. Some will take all the waifs and strays that can't get into other schools, or have been kicked out of other schools. Some of those students blossom in their last-chance saloon. Some will focus 100% on each individual student to make sure their personal potential is met, and for those students this makes all the difference. Some schools have large classes so can't provide such a personal touch, and again for some students, the tidal wave of the progress of their class as a whole is what drags them through their training.

Slagging off other schools just shows how petty and fragile your own position is. It's also quite unprofessional and not a good example to set for the future.

Last edited by fwjc; 29th Mar 2016 at 14:12. Reason: Typo