PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thinking to be a pilot, looking for information ( from india)
Old 29th Mar 2016, 04:46
grandfather

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wanted to be a pilot from childhood but skipped the idea as few recommended not to do as job weren't available.

I'd like to know whats the scene nowadays ?

Where to take training from - usa - uae ?

If I take the training from usa then I can get job in usa or I can work in uae ?

whats the amount require for training ?

I'm not good at maths, is that will be a hurdle for me ? ohh & I also forgot what I learn in school in physics so is that will be a issue ?

Please suggest few flying schools !

Hi DJG....I'm not a pilot but the parent of one. If its of any use to you, here are my suggestions:
1. The scene nowadays: As compared to 2011-2014, the scene now is a lot better job-wise. The catch here is that the 'scene nowadays' is no indicator of what it will be like by the time you earn your INDIAN CPL (whether learning to fly in India or learning abroad and converting)
2. Where to take training from: My kid did it in India, so I'm not really qualified to comment on foreign schools.
3. Jobs in a foreign country: Training in a foreign country DOES NOT entitle you to work anywhere except in your home country. I may be wrong, but to the best of my knowledge, practically every country in the world has rules where the FO has to be a citizen. The Commander can be a foreigner but not the FO.
4. Costs: In India, 35-40 lakhs for the CPL, another 20-30 lakhs for type rating in the specific type of aircraft you will eventually fly
5. Maths/physics: YES YES YES, you need to be GOOD in maths and physics.
6. Good flying schools: In India, IGRUA, NFTI-Gondia.

PS: I know 'advice' is irritating, particularly from parents, so please ignore if you want. Its just this, as a parent, together with my kid, I have felt the pain of the utter frustration he has gone through as year after year the clock has ticked on his CPL and ATPL, not to mention his hard work and dreams, while we have watched our hard earned money dripping down the drain. I'm not saying the same will happen to you but just be prepared for it.

Last edited by grandfather; 29th Mar 2016 at 16:53.