PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Westjet F/A Sues over Sexual Harassment by Pilot
Old 29th Mar 2016, 00:59
+TSRA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eight women have complained against one employee. Why does he still have a job ?
fitliker,

While I do subscribe to the idea of 'where there is smoke, there's fire,' let's assume for a moment that all eight complaints could not be proven by the company and that, in some, there was a sliver of doubt as to their authenticity. You can't just fire the guy, even for something as serious as this. There are certainly parallels to the Cosby and Ghomeshi cases but I've said before, a claim of sexual assault cannot be taken as gospel. It must be proven the same way as any other case, as difficult as it is for victims to believe or understand it. It may, or may not, be fair, but it is our justice system.

Now, I do believe that after the second or third complaint about the same employee for the same issue, WJ management should have had a "come to Jesus" meeting with the pilot at the absolute minimum or at best sought outside counsel to conduct the investigation. The later would certainly have helped WJ's case and may have ended this before it hit the papers.

As for Ms. Lewis. She may have been assaulted. Her behaviour and professional performance cannot sway from the fact that if she was truly assaulted, she deserves justice. However, she is not making it easy for herself or for those behind her. She is painting a very nice picture for the defense to argue "false allegation."