PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cessna missing off Byron
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2016, 00:31
lurker999

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can't understand why some are questioning why this is been treated as a tragic suicide.

"Police say he sent one final text message to his family as he plunged his Cessna 172 into a death-spiral into the waters off northern NSW." I don't expect that message said, "this aircraft is fubar, send help."

"Mr Whyte’s Cessna 172 left Lismore at 4.20pm and AirServices Australia lost contact with it at 4:50pm....
“What we’ve been told by experts is the plane was travelling at a very high speed when it impacted the water,” he said. Guess who told the police this, and how those people got that info.

You don't have to even read between the lines here. This story is about as blunt as I've ever seen regarding a suicide.

Awful situation. And please if you are not right, speak to someone, anyone about it. You aren't alone. Most guys understand the code, just say to someone "I'm struggling" they'll usually get the message. If you can't do that ring beyondblue, lifeline etc you don't have to give them your name.

Quotes from. No Cookies | Herald Sun