PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA in the news Important Urgent - Insight on SBS on Thursday night
Old 18th Jul 2003, 13:24
Creampuff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hear! Hear! Dingo. The usual lightweight excuse for journalism: just play videos of someone saying something.

I had to smile when I heard what Prundle had to say. I positively guffawed when I read Torres’s spirited support above.

Prundle appears to have forgotten the allegations that were made against him by operators who said that he was vindictive. Just ask John McMillan (now Commonwealth Ombudsman), among others.

Save your keyboard Torres, I can guess: the allegations against Prundle were baseless, but any allegations against anyone you don’t like in CASA are gospel.

The people who run the country can see straight through that kind of hypocrisy and duplicity you know.

And pilots always make the best bush lawyers, don’t they? Prundle says that if CASA lets an AOC lapse, there’s no decision reviewable by the AAT. Really? I hope for Prundle’s sake he isn’t in the habit of telling operators that, or his PI insurance is paid up. Giving dud legal advice can be very costly.

No wonder nothing changes. What’s touted as in-depth analysis is shallow, easily refuted, easily discredited, pap.