PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bristow S76 Ditched in Nigeria today Feb 3 2016
Old 28th Mar 2016, 21:56
Keke Napep

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ah well, maybe you really have flown the S76 then, but flashing round lots of supposed qualifications really isn't a good way to try and make a point on this forum, unless you really are someone like Nick Lappos and he doesn't constantly push his qualifications down everyone's throat. Constant talk of 60.000 secret documents, helping numerous AIBs, IRI etc doesn't impress people who just get on, carry out daily or every day checks before flight as laid down either in the RFM or their company check lists. I'm sure you know that the only part of the RFM which is legally binding is the limitations section. However, in case of litigation, it would be a foolish company which did not incorporate all the elements of the normal and emergency checks from the RFM into their own checklists.
When I worked for Bristow we carried out the hydraulic checks as laid down in the RFM as part of each start up and carried out the FDR and autopilot checks daily or A/R (before each flight for IMC flight). Every pilot carried out annual simulator training (as required by the NCAA) of 12 hours (14 hours for those pilots carrying out command assessment for upgrade). In addition, while I was still working for them and we were using the FSI simulator in West Palm Beach we had a session on the GFS, covering one or two of the systems in more detail. In addition an Elite Simulators FNPT (based on an IFR AS355F1 with a simple EFIS) was purchased some years ago and eventually installed in a purpose-built facility in Port Harcourt so that pilots could receive additional instrument procedure training and MCC and Command training. Of course, Bristow do not have a GFS in their simulator facility in Aberdeen, but all pilots are required to do external online S76 refresher training every year.