PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bristow S76 Ditched in Nigeria today Feb 3 2016
Old 28th Mar 2016, 19:23
Copterline 103

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@keke napep
Maybe my S76 tyre puncture when taxiing in Port Harcourt in 2006 was due to hydraulic fluid contamination?
keke, there are already too many people who have lost their lives and too many families without their father or without their brother or sister. I wish that everybody would appreciate the flight safety. There are too many pilots who have to press ENG START BUTTON of S76 helicopters in daily bases. The safety and the real issues whatever these are have to be openly analyzed. My experience is that there are interest parties, who don’t care if someone died, but I care and I will make my best to make this helicopter industry safer for the crew members and passengers.

I can guarantee you that if there wouldn't be a real issue behind this I wouldn't care at all about these accidents. I wouldn’t care if someone innocent loses his or her life tomorrow. But I care and I have seen too much.

I have seen a tragedy where 14 people lost their lives, I have listened to more than 50 times CVR recordings to help the accident investigators to have an understanding what the f…. is ongoing when to pilots are fighting last half a minute of their lives. They made everything to safe their lives. After this experience I assume that every human will make all necessary actions that this will not happen again.

I hope that some crew could save their own lives and their colleagues lives by making the Stick Jump test properly and in a case of in-flight if all actions to analyze, verified and the helicopter is still unflyable. At least the crew should try to switch OFF HYD1 and if that doesn't help switch OFF HYD2. Referring to gulliBell #549

@gulliBell
The only way to counter an un-commanded extension/retraction of a servo is to depressurization the system at the servo inlet, which is the purpose of the servo shutoff valve.
As far as I know, in the Copterline accident the crew didn't switch off the servo when its power piston went to full extension. I don't think they knew they were faced with a hydraulic problem.
The flight safety is an issue which no one should take arrogantly, so I think your comment “the tire puncture when taxiing” and the reference to “the hydraulic fluid contamination” was very inappropriate and unprofessional.
My intention is not to hijack Your thread and I won’t do it. This thread has had 16.456 visitors during the last seven (7) days and the thread Bristow Down in Lagos has had 760 visitors during the last 24 hours. Let’s work together for the safety.

Last edited by Copterline 103; 28th Mar 2016 at 19:36. Reason: Typo corrections