PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Crawling amputee
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2016, 18:07
edi_local

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Capn Bloggs
You Europeans need to fly in a place where service means just that. From the check-in counter to my seat to being put into the terminal at the other end, here, I'm the airline's responsibility. Still if you only pay $10 to go 500km, what can you expect...
I don't understand this comment.

In the USA the airline itself often provides the service from the check in desk to the aircraft seat. I used to work for a US airline and my initial training included how to handle passengers who required assistance, pushing wheelchairs, safe lifting etc. As I was based in Europe that entire section of training was totally irrelevant to me as I never, ever personally handled a PRM passenger as in my station the service is outsourced. What is wrong with that, exactly?

99.9% of the time the exact same service is given to the passenger whether the person pushing the chair is a direct airline employee, an airport employee or a third party employee. It makes no difference. I can guarantee you that even those who work directly for the airlines in the USA occasionally mess it up big time, so your comments about flying in a place where there is service and paying $10 to go 500km (a trend which comes from the USA might I add) is totally un-called for and downright wrong.