PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fuel Decision in Military Aviation
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2016, 14:51
BEagle

Received 270 Likes on 109 Posts
Tengah Type, I remember the occasion well - for obvious reasons...

One of Lord Peter of the Bogs' more spectacularly poor trail plans!

If you recall, our other problem was that our K2 hadn't been given all the fuel we'd hoped for and also had to taxy over from the other side of the field, so we were down on fuel prior to launch as well. I say 'we', but I was only along as a spare captain cum trolley tart.

Passing the extra fuel to one of the other tankers, then diverting ourselves to Bermuda was the best plan; however, we did wonder whether the poo might hit the fan and accusations made about the reason for diverting by those who didn't know the whole picture. The sweeper Herk was so disappointed when we told him that we didn't need him, so he didn't have to divert to Bermuda....

Things didn't get rather more 'interesting' once the dancing was over after we didn't repair to the Bermudiana for an alternative form of 'entertainment'... Of course not.... West of 10°W, so it couldn't have happened. Nor did anything ever happen in Atlanta, as I'm sure you'd confirm.

Late departure the following day as it was Armistice day and the airport opened later in the morning - which begat another ching!

Happy times!!

Last edited by BEagle; 29th Mar 2016 at 06:13.