PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Cadets grounded?
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2016, 12:31
cats_five

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So, in terms of a site, Arbroath is preferable, but on paper Kirknewton is probably a better location for the masses. Not that this is much consolation for those in the north of Scotland.
Inverness to Arbroath is only a couple of miles less than Inverness to Kirknewton. And it's not just on paper that Kirknewton is better for the masses. Central Edinburgh to Kirknewton - 11 miles. To Arbroath - 78 miles plus having to cross the Forth. The figures for Glasgow are 38 and 97 miles. It's also about twice as far to Abroath from Stirling, and only a few miles less from Perth. Also Perth to Kirknewton involves crossing the Forth. I found a cartogram which gives a good indication of where the population is:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scotla..._cartogram.png

The people who lose travel wise are those in east Scotland, north of the Forth.

Missing paperwork does not cut it with me, however the use of unauthorised spare parts gives me cause for concern.
I have heard there are some undocumented repairs as well. And whilst missing paperwork may not cut it with you, I know what sort of pickle I would be in if the paperwork for my glider was found to be missing. It would be grounded until it had had a very through inspection and the paperwork reinstated from that point in time, which is exactly what is happening to the Vikings and (I presume) the other aircraft.

Yes, the paperwork is a pain, and as an owner it's my responsibility along with the insurance & radio licence. It's also up to me to check through after it's had an annual, or if it has to go for repair, to make sure I'm happy it reflects what has been done, or in the case of repairs what I have paid for.