PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Further CASA CTAF problems shows not working!
Old 28th Mar 2016, 09:35
Howabout

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Howabout,
A wonderful example that a little knowledge is dangerous.
Wrong, Leady. I am well aware, and have been for years, of the strict interpretation of access over the high-seas. Unfortunately for me, in that pig of a job, I had to spend hours researching overseas systems to rebut some of the tripe put forward by those that claim we have a 'unique system.' Sound familiar??

The biggest threat, in respect of military operations over water, is one's own nationally registered aircraft, and the ability is there to exclude them to avoid an aluminium shower.

Why do the Canadians have Class F off the coast with a clearance requirement, and the Kiwis have the same as regards their MOAs??

I'll tell you why. Similar to Australia, they both have adopted rules to mitigate, to the maximum extent possible, the risk of some dork bumbling through and collecting a military aircraft.

In the case of NZ, it's rather instructive, Leady old fruit. When they released their Airspace Handbook (circa 2004), there was no requirement to seek a clearance outside the 12-mile limit for entry to an MOA. Four years later, they re-published the Handbook (circa 2008) requiring clearance, whether in or outside the '12-mile' limit.

Why? Because they came to the conclusion that unfettered access, and mixing it with military traffic, was just plain dumb!

I didn't come down in the last shower when it comes to airspace and BS. But thanks for your condescension!

Last edited by Howabout; 28th Mar 2016 at 10:41.