PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bristow S76 Ditched in Nigeria today Feb 3 2016
Old 28th Mar 2016, 09:04
Copterline 103

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@industry insider
Dear Copterline
My information is from "behind the curtain".

Dear industry insider, your posts has already been made clear your position and your intentions for the safety matters.

@industry insider
Rubbish Copterline. I am not aware of a fatal accident anywhere in the offshore industry in an EC225. The fleet was only grounded by statute in certain places.

According to you, every S-76 accident is caused by a servo problem. You are wrong and I am getting a bit fed up reading your posts which show little or no objectivity. You are looking for every accident to fit your pre-conceived theory.

@industry insider
Not surprising Crab.
As I said many posts ago, this was a simple autopilot issue which was mis interpreted by the crew.

@industry insider
But not too hard to fly the EFIS AP out if you slow down to 120 knots, especially if you have selected the AP off so you know its coming.
I still see no real reason for a ditching here.

@industry insider
The AP / AFCS didn't "fail". It was a relatively small anomaly. The decision to ditch a serviceable helicopter is therefore very puzzling when it flies perfectly well AP out with a little extra concentration.

@industry insider
We all know the obvious way to isolate and diagnose an AP issue. But as Nescafe says (and obviously knows or has been briefed by BHNL) the issue appears the crew may not know the AP like you do and combined with the Harmattan causing poor visibility, it seems that they "talked" themselves into the need for a ditching.
Industry insider, could you make an answer to Geoffersincornwall "what guys back at the Sikorsky factory curtains are thinking?" We all would appreciate it very much if you would slightly to open the curtain for us?

The question is a quote below.

@Geoffersincornwall
I can just imagine the guys back at the Sikorsky factory trying to get their heads around this. The system was designed and built by the previous generation of engineer/designers so in theory the current generation bear no guilt - if there is guilt to be borne. But would they be wise to come forward and admit that the hydraulic system has a fundamental design flaw? Can you imagine the fall-out that would accompany such an admission?