PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Royal QLD Aero Club in VA
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2016, 08:15
KyleTheAviator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have huge respect for anyone that took on multiple jobs, and slugged it out for five years to get their CPL.

But is this really the way of life we want in Australia? Sounds a lot like the private American system. Is it healthy (or morally right) to put a young person, at the whim of greedy private banks, shackling them with debt & compound interest at the start of their career? I look at the US private education model and shudder (as i do their private healthcare).

I'm glad we have social health care, and I'm glad we have a government loan system, that means we can fast track our education with a manageable debt. As someone who has high distinctions/honors in my education, i can tell you that i couldn't have excelled so well if i was juggling a full time workload at the same time.

I certainly DONT feel like im getting a handout, more a hand up. And i have every intention to repay my debt, I want success, I want to build my hours up and land a 6 figure job in the future. And every FEE HELP student i know feels the same. Sure there will be a dropouts (as with every profession), but there is no conspiracy for students to get qualified then stay poor the rest of our lives to avoid paying the loan. thats just silly.

Back on Topic,

I clearly remember a staff member telling my group "it's not important to join RQAC", which surprised me.. Personally i wanted to join. I love to idea of belonging to a historic aviation club. I still have my fingers crossed for RQAC, hopefully they pull through this.

Last edited by KyleTheAviator; 29th Mar 2016 at 10:50.