PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Further CASA CTAF problems shows not working!
Old 28th Mar 2016, 07:48
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Of course, a quick "request further descent" on mid-downwind might also have done the trick,
Its,
Of course, being the average dumb airline Captain, that would never have occurred to me, would it??
Quite apart from the fact that we were not ever downwind, and believe me, neither the customers of the cabin crew knew a thing about it, and nothing heroic, just knowing your aeroplane.
Which reminds me, one afternoon, a gentle reminder that we were still at 10,000, mid downwind for YSSY 16R, again brought the rapid "cleared for visual approach". All in a days work.

The airspace is on the charts and the requirements are in their AIP and associated docs. F has been there forever!
Howabout,
A wonderful example that a little knowledge is dangerous.
Any country can legislate to their hearts content for their own aircraft, just as Australia does.That does not make it enforceable outside the 12 mile limit for non-national aircraft.
Canada or anybody else can call a piece of airspace in their ICAO area of jurisdiction whatever they like, but if it is outside the 12 mile limit??
Australia purports to have military R areas outside the 12 mile limit, they have no enforceable meaning, as the US make the point when the US Navy comes to Australia --- just as the Americans have been doing a little north.
You might have noticed, the whole matter is just a little contentious right now in the North and South China Sea.
Exactly the same legal arguments apply around Australia, under the relevant international law.
As for F in general, plenty of it in India, and it looks pretty permanent to me --- indeed the story of airspace designation yo-yoing over India in recent years (the last 50) is a "ripping good yarn".

Tootle pip