PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilots' fatigue investigation
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2016, 22:31
CaptainChipotle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tarik123
Chiptole,

I understand what crossing a time zone is, I have done it for a very very long time.
But flying 4 or more sectors every day, were you start at night and finish in the morning, by midday you are supposed to take your 10 hours rest. and back to the airport to start another 12 hours duty.
Every month 90 plus flight duty hours, with around 70 sectors per month.
I did ask the management to try one week of the schedule, but as always they had much more important things to do. Then I asked the planner to sit in the jump seat for a week and see if would be able to stay awake. but that was not possible either. all because the computer said the flight was legal.

So my advice to all, try to get into management as soon as possible.
Well it looks like you're in management, so good work! This isn't a forum for "American work rules", however, let me enlighten you. Having previous experience, doing up to 6 sectors a day with "reduced rest" patterns built into our rosters, the "tiredness" I had in the US isn't comparable to the fatigue 90+Hr rosters changing many time zones myself and my colleagues have here.

I doubt you have the experience you say you do. Most people who read these forums, aside from yourself, are well educated.

Now get back to formulating those warning letters...