PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilots' fatigue investigation
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2016, 15:29
NewBird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good work PS123...but....

Dear PS123,
thank you for bringing the issue in forefront. Much respect!
However - why just one sided reporting - someone not familiar with the issue would (rightfully) argue - that you have an axe to grind with the airlines. There would be more respect - if you put views from both sides together and let your viewers decide. Is that not what your profession would want u to do? As i mentioned i respect you to have taken up this issue - but there are many of my other colleagues who are flying and who may have a different story to tell? They continue to be happy flying and doing their job. Would we call them lackeys and management stooges? If you do - then i lose my respect for you. You have a difficult job to do. Fatigue is reported everwhere - in the US, in Europe, in your own country, In the middle east, in Far East....I bet each region could have its own scandal....Fatigue, unfortunately is subjective.....why do pilots work in middle east?? - because they get paid jolly good - period!! All this talk of modern slavery - yeah take out the pay (avg capt pay is around 200K+) and limousine transportation and premium villas and then talk of slavery - otherwise its just BS....I'm sorry, but thats the truth!