PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B-738 Crash in Russia Rostov-on-Don
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2016, 08:49
FGD135

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all,

My first post on this subject. Firstly, thanks to mommaklee for his outstanding work with the data.

Sorry but this vid seems not to be real, it is just physically impossible IMO
You would have to be correct, klintE. The accompanying text to that video says this: Genuine Boeing 737-300 series throttle quadrant converted for flight simulator use. That would be "flight simulator" as in the kind that enthusiasts make at home, that are based on Microsoft FSX!

This accident is strikingly similar to the Tatarstan Airlines Flight 363 B735 that crashed at Kazan, Russia in 2013. This is the graphic of the vertical profile in that accident:

Look familiar?

Earlier, someone made a reference to this article, about how the trimming systems on these aircraft work:

Roger-Wilco | Do you really understand how your trim works?

In that article, towards the end, there is this passage. Note how well it could apply to this crash, and the Kazan crash:

I have watched, in the simulator, a 737 go-around from a Cat lll fail passive approach (as described above) with its marked pitch up; HP kept his arms locked forward to contain the attitude whilst simultaneously running the trim forward with the thumb switch. I am sure he was expecting the trim to reduce push needed and he either didn’t know, or had forgotten, that it wouldn’t. We duly pitched straight back quickly into the ground as the tailplane incidence ‘bit’.