PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Silk Air MI 185
Thread: Silk Air MI 185
View Single Post
Old 18th Jul 2003, 07:03
GIMPOSH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

WTF??????????????? Um did I miss something in the last 15 years????????

"Yes, We are talking about a MASSIVE aircraft structure in a vertical dive, after the upset, (in a free fall, no lift, no drag). Accelerating at the rate of G instantaneously, the aircraft rapidly reaches velocities precluding a safe recovery. "

We are talking about a MASSIVE aircraft structure

They all still handle the same (at least all the controls work the same) before the upset as they did after (even the sim ones)

No Lift

There were plenty of V Square’s going over the wings and the report (which I took the time to read) said the wings were still attached to the fuselage. In a vertical dive the AoA should be something less than that which produces a full stall. Perhaps you meant no vertical component of lift??

No Drag

??????? Quick someone tell NASA hell better phone Boeing first though they may have come up with a way to save millions in fuel bills and can reduce the cost of building ACFT. Do you even understand the concept of drag? If the ACFT was accelerating does drag not go up by a factor of 3?

Accelerating at the rate of G instantaneously

So is it accelerating or does it get there instantaneously??

The aircraft rapidly reaches velocities precluding a safe recovery.

I agree!! A "safe" recovery but that does not stop the crew from trying!!! or did the missing CVR transcript go like this!

P1 Oh well vertical dive nothing we can do now you pull the breakers I will start the stopwatch.

P2 OK and don't forget to make sure the XPDR is on, damn everything was going so well too wish there was something we could do. You know I remember Paul Soderlind said something about this wish I could remember what it was. Oh not to matter.

By thew way my job really is about saving lives.