PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hand flying. Low hour co-pilots. Automation dependency.
Old 27th Mar 2016, 03:12
Dragon69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Meanwhile, if you were in charge of recruitment and had to choose between 2 candidates with all else being equal except one is ex-military and one is not, it's not rocket science which you would choose to fly your plane. If the answer is not clear to you, then you're the problem.
FFS stop blowing sunshine up your arse. I would hire the one that had more relevant experience for the job I am hiring them to do. You can't simplify the argument by saying "all else being equal" because it is not realistic.

We all chose a certain path and that path brings its own unique experiences. Between an applicant that has a few years of experience flying in the tropics in a modern widebody and a guy fresh from the military bombing Syria, I certainly know which one I would hire if I was in charge of recruitment. The point here is military flying brings nothing to modern airline flying. If you think you do then you're the one with the problem. I've seen just as many f@ck ups in the sim and on the line by ex military types than non. Look no further than the recent AirAsia crash to emphasize this point.