PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Royal QLD Aero Club in VA
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2016, 23:08
KyleTheAviator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think that most objective assessments of the quality of those using HECS/HELP versus "self pay" (old-style) would clearly indicate the greater motivation,
Are we forgetting University used to be FREE in Australia for the older generation? But what now the younger generation are unmotivated bludgers for getting in debt tens of thousands of dollars to earn an education? Sorry, I dont buy such hypocrisy.

Its amazing how such a massive con has continued and flourished for so long while the country is heading downhill under its debt burden... at least a reasonable proportion of the national health budget actually goes into health
You do realise the FEE HELP debt has to be 100% repaid, with 20% on top right? And its indexed to inflation, so the government actually make money from this loan...

in regards to the "Shortage" or the increase in the number of Pilots required in the world, no offence but GU have been peddling that sort of crud in some form or another for some time now
I can't confirm the data, but the forecasts ive seen say there is a need for 28,000 new pilot jobs a year globally. The world needs more pilots: 28,000 new jobs a year - Jul. 21, 2015

So i would say that government loans to train new pilots is worth while. Plus obviously over time the older captains are going to be retiring.

Last edited by KyleTheAviator; 26th Mar 2016 at 23:25.